The Firettes at Engine Company 8, Nashville, Tennessee, 1965 July
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A group photo of the championship baton twirlers known as the “Firettes,” posing at Metro Nashville Fire Department Engine Company No. 8, circa July, 1965. The Firettes won the World Baton Twirling Championship of 1964. Baton twirling is a physically demanding and highly creative sport that combines dance and gymnastic routines set to music with batons twirling and flying through the air. Forms part of Record Group 412, Photographs Collection. 1 filmstrip negative, b & w.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Fire stations--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
Nashville and Davidson County (Tenn.)--History--Sources
Nashville and Davidson County (Tenn.)--Officials and employees
- Still imageNegatives
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Metro Archives, Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5880.
- Chicago citation style
- The Firettes at Engine Company 8, Nashville, Tennessee, 1965 July. 1965-07. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/6407. (Accessed October 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1965-07) The Firettes at Engine Company 8, Nashville, Tennessee, 1965 July. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/6407
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/6407>.