Mayor Beverly Briley’s re-election, 1971 August 27
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A scene from Mayor Beverly Briley’s re-election event on August 27th, 1971, when Briley was reelected. Clifton Beverly Briley (January 11, 1914 - September 14, 1980) was the first mayor of the newly consolidated metropolitan government of Nashville and Davidson County. A Democrat, he served from 1963 to 1975. Forms part of Record Group 3, Metro Davidson County Photographer. 1 photograph negative : b & w ; 2.5 x 2.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Briley, Beverly, 1914-1980
Politics and culture--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville and Davidson County (Tenn.)--History--Sources
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
- Still imageNegatives
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Metro Archives, Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5880.
- Chicago citation style
- Mayor Beverly Briley’s re-election, 1971 August 27. 1971-08-27. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/6138. (Accessed October 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1971-08-27) Mayor Beverly Briley’s re-election, 1971 August 27. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/6138
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/6138>.