Union Street, looking east from 4th Avenue
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- approximately 1871-1875
Union Street, looking east from 4th Avenue, showing shop of Miss A. E. Floersh Dress and Cloak Maker, Mrs. J. Kennelly Millinery, Aurora Oil Store, Giers' Photo Gallery, Larcombe's Rock City Photograph Gallery, and the Bank of Tennessee. Period copy print & modern copy print in Library Photograph Collection, Drawer 19, Folder 14. Similar image as plate 437 (#3700 in Drawer 19, Folder 1).
Photograph taken from Poole's Photography Gallery on the southeast corner of 4th and Union. Rodney Poole bought J. H. Van Stavoren's photography studio at a chancery court sale in 1871. In 1896, the Calvert brothers bought the studio from Poole.
- Poole, Rodney, 1837-1921
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Nashville (Tenn.)
Photography--Studios and dark rooms
Stores & shops
- Nashville (Tenn.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Poole, Rodney, 1837-1921. Union Street, looking east from 4th Avenue. approximately 1871-1875. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll24/id/93. (Accessed December 7, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Poole, Rodney, 1837-1921, (approximately 1871-1875) Union Street, looking east from 4th Avenue. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll24/id/93
- MLA citation style
- Poole, Rodney, 1837-1921. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll24/id/93>.