Real photo postcard of German cavalrymen and officers posed in front of shell crater
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A picture postcard showing uniformed German military personnel posed in front of damage to the citadel--Schloss or Castle "Les Recollets"-- in the Lorraine town of Longwy-Bas. Standing over a large shell hole, the caption translates as "The effects of a[n artillery] shell." This could have been taken at the star-shaped Fortress of Longwy in German-held Lorraine, Territory taken by Germany from France after the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-1.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Real photo postcard of German cavalrymen and officers posed in front of shell crater. 1914-1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1630. (Accessed October 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1914-1918) Real photo postcard of German cavalrymen and officers posed in front of shell crater. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1630
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1630>.