Elijah Robertson Tavern on Charlotte Road, Nashville, Tennessee, 1936 September
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of "a view of the tavern stables, built more than a hundred years ago…Originally a tavern on the stage line running East and West from Nashville through Charlotte. Part of the stable building on the East side was the original stable. The lower floor is built of stone…" An article with the title "Elijah Robertson's Tavern House on Charlotte Road Was Rest for Travelers In Stage Coach Days" appeared in the Nashville Banner newspaper with the excerpt quoted above. Forms part of the Nashville Banner Archives. 1 photograph negative : b & w ; 3.25 x 4.25 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Robertson, Elijah, 1784-1858
Taverns (Inns)--Tennessee, Middle--History--Sources
Stagecoach lines--Tennessee, Middle--History--Sources
Historic buildings--Tennessee, Middle
Charlotte Pike (Nashville, Tenn.)--History--Sources
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Elijah Robertson Tavern on Charlotte Road, Nashville, Tennessee, 1936 September. 1936-09. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2339. (Accessed October 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1936-09) Elijah Robertson Tavern on Charlotte Road, Nashville, Tennessee, 1936 September. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2339
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2339>.