Commission of John Walter Morris in the US Army Medical Reserve Corps
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1916 August 17
This document commission's John Walter Morris into the US Army Medical Reserve Corps. Morris later deployed to Europe and was detached to the 42nd Royal Highland Regt., The Black Watch, a British unit. Wounded and captuted at Ypres in March 1918, he remained a POW until the end of the war. He returned to Somerville, Tennessee after the war where he practiced medicine and eventually served as mayor.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Washington (D.C.)
- DocumentsMilitary records
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Commission of John Walter Morris in the US Army Medical Reserve Corps. 1916 August 17. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1542. (Accessed September 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1916 August 17) Commission of John Walter Morris in the US Army Medical Reserve Corps. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1542
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1542>.