Jackson Park Church of Christ, 2002 January
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of Jackson Park Church of Christ located at 4103 Gallatin Pike. Originally the address was listed as 4101 Gallatin Road. The congregation was founded in 1932 by 75 members meeting in a home on Greenland Avenue. Ten months later they moved to another residence on the present location of the church building. While the basement of the current church was being built, services were held for four months in Isaac Litton High School. Once the basement was complete, the members moved in, and within the next year construction finally began on a 500 seat building. The architect was Thomas West Gardner. The foundation is made of rough cut stone blocks with smooth cut capstones. The exterior walls are tan brick with small stone accents. The roof is a combination of gabled and flat with tar shingles. The windows are mostly arched with colored glass. The doors are wood with glass windows. Other architectural features include a steeple. Forms part of the Historic Nashville, Inc. Sacred Sites Survey Project. 1 photograph : col. ; 4 x 6 in.
- Historic Nashville, Inc
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Jackson Park Church of Christ (Nashville, Tenn.)
Churches of Christ--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Nashville (Tenn.)--Religious life and customs
Gallatin Pike (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc. Jackson Park Church of Christ, 2002 January. 2002-01. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1079. (Accessed November 13, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc, (2002-01) Jackson Park Church of Christ, 2002 January. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1079
- MLA citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1079>.