Letter from Nathan S. (Ned) Ring to his mother Sarah Frances M. Ring
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1918 November 8
Letter from Lt. Nathan S. Ring, 40th F.A., Camp Custer, to his mother in Franklin, Tenn. He says 2 of his men took "French leave" (went AWOL) and if quarantine isn't lifted he will have more. Doesn't think he will make it to Euorpe before the war ends "since old Austria, Bulgaria, and Turkey have thrown up the sponge..." Also mentions politics dominating discussion among local men because Henry Ford was a U.S. Senate candidate that year. Ford, a Democrat, lost to Truman Newberry by just 1.7% of vote.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Battle Creek (Mich.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Letter from Nathan S. (Ned) Ring to his mother Sarah Frances M. Ring. 1918 November 8. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2804. (Accessed October 23, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918 November 8) Letter from Nathan S. (Ned) Ring to his mother Sarah Frances M. Ring. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2804
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2804>.