Map of the Southern States of America
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Includes Maryland, Virginia, Kentucky, Territory South of the Ohio, North Carolina, Tennessee Government, South Carolina and Georgia.This map shows the southern states of the United States, and includes rivers, mountains, towns, bays, donation lands from the Commonwealth of Virginia Company, various speculative land companies such as the Wabash Company, the New Jersey Company, the Ohio Company, and army lands. Lands and towns belonging to the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Creek, and Choctaw are also shown.
In 1795, when this map was published, Tennessee had not yet been granted statehood, hence the name "Tennessee Government."
- Russell, John, fl. 1733-1795
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Southern States
Indians of North America--Maps
Wabash Land Company
Bays (Bodies of water)
Cities & towns
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Russell, John, fl. 1733-1795. Map of the Southern States of America. 1795. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/47. (Accessed October 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Russell, John, fl. 1733-1795, (1795) Map of the Southern States of America. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/47
- MLA citation style
- Russell, John, fl. 1733-1795. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/47>.