- View Full Item
- Created Date
Tennessee license plate for Prisoners of War issued to Maj. John Walter Morris, M.D. Morris graduated from Vanderbilt Medical School and served in the US Medical Reserve Corps. He was attached to the 42nd Royal Highland Regt., The Black Watch. He was wounded and captured at Ypres, Belgium in March 1918 and spent the remainder of the war as a POW. He returned to Somerville and practiced medicine and eventually became mayor.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- License plate. 1974. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/597. (Accessed September 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1974) License plate. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/597
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/597>.