Real picture postcard titled "A bunch of rookies"
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photographic postcard shows two brothers, Earl and Marvin Ragsdale with three other Tennesseans and two Mississippians all in US Navy clothing. The two Bennett brothers ended up serving on the USS Minnesota during World War, 1914-1918. The sailors wear the stocking cap, four are wearing the cold weather boot, and the two Ragsdales wear Navy pea coats. The postcard was sent to their mother and it jokes that "I don't think that they are pretty at all".
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Ragsdale, Earl Bennett
World War, 1914-1918
World War, 1914-1918 - History
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Real picture postcard titled "A bunch of rookies". 1917-1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/528. (Accessed October 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917-1918) Real picture postcard titled "A bunch of rookies". Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/528
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/528>.