Real photograph postcard of Pvt. Wilson A. Dowdy and fellow soldier
- View Full Item
- Created Date
In this photograph, possibly taken at Camp Jackson, S. C., Pvt. Wilson A. Dowdy posed with another soldier identified as Pvt. Cheek. At the time, Dowdy served in Co. C, 307th Engrs. Dowdy, a farmer from Chapel Hill, Tennessee, later served in Btry. F, 318th FA, 81st Div. He was overseas in France from August 8, 1918 until June 11, 1919. Dowdy was promoted to corporal in February 1918 and to sergeant in October 1918.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Real photograph postcard of Pvt. Wilson A. Dowdy and fellow soldier. 1917-1919. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2378. (Accessed August 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917-1919) Real photograph postcard of Pvt. Wilson A. Dowdy and fellow soldier. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2378
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2378>.