Nashville Tennessean news article
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1930 January 16
This framed newspaper article is headlined "Rescue Under Shell Fire Made State Patrolman No. 1 One of 11 Bravest in A.E.F." Pvt. John Sullivan saw the war from start to finish, and in this article he recounts his heroic deeds in several major battles. Sullivan belonged to Co. H, 28th Inf. Regt., 1st Div., but was a runner for Headquarters Company. He went "over the top" innumerable times to deliver messages. For heroism he was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross and Croce di Guerra (Italy).
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Nashville (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Nashville Tennessean news article. 1930 January 16. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/375. (Accessed November 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1930 January 16) Nashville Tennessean news article. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/375
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/375>.