Souvenir postcard packet of Camp Jackson, South Carolina
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1918 June 11
A multi-fold packet of color postcards depicts numerous scenes at Camp Jackson, South Carolina: barracks, state capitol, hiking troops, field hospital, physical exercises, ambulances, dish washing, dinner in the mess hall, and bath houses, among others. Roscoe B. Howard, Batry. A, 13th Battn., Field Art. Replacement Depot, mailed the packet to Mrs. Frank E. Howard, Henagar, Alabama. It was postmarked at Columbia, S.C., June 11, 1918. Roscoe was a clerk at the time he was drafted.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Columbia (S.C.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Souvenir postcard packet of Camp Jackson, South Carolina. 1918 June 11. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2962. (Accessed August 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918 June 11) Souvenir postcard packet of Camp Jackson, South Carolina. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2962
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2962>.