Class photograph of Fogg High School Juniors, 1892 May 03
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A copy photograph of the Fogg High School Juniors, Class of 1892 outside of Fogg High School. Named for attorney Francis B. Fogg, Fogg High School opened in 1875 becoming the second public high school in Nashville, Tennessee. The building 3 stories tall with 13 classrooms was located on the corner of Eighth Avenue and Broadway and shared the block with the Hume School. Boys and girls used separate entrances and playgrounds and remained separated in class with boys on one side and girls on the other. Both the Fogg and Hume buildings were razed in 1910 to make room for a new building after the two schools merged to form Hume-Fogg High School. The new building opened in 1912 and is still in use. Forms part of the Nashville Room Historic Photographs Collection. 1 photograph : sepia ; 8 x 10 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Fogg High School (Nashville, Tenn.)
High school students--Tennessee--Nashville
Eleventh grade (Education)--Tennessee--Nashville
High school juniors--Tennessee--Nashville
Eighth Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
Broadway (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Class photograph of Fogg High School Juniors, 1892 May 03. 1892-05-03. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2357. (Accessed October 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1892-05-03) Class photograph of Fogg High School Juniors, 1892 May 03. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2357
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2357>.