Discharge paper of John C. Bowling
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1919 May 17
Discharge paper of Pvt. Bowling who served as a teamster in the 53rd Pioneer Brig. working on military engineering works in France. The document cites his service in St. Mihiel and Argonne Forest from Sept. 12 to Armistice Day, November 11, 1918. A filing in the Register's Office for Knox County, Tenn. from 1934 gives a physical description of Bowling and refers to his prewar occupation as "teamster." Bowling served overseas from August 6, 1918 to May 4, 1919.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Fort Oglethorpe (Ga.)
- CertificatesDocumentsMilitary records
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Discharge paper of John C. Bowling. 1919 May 17. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1660. (Accessed October 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1919 May 17) Discharge paper of John C. Bowling. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1660
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1660>.