Photograph postcard of WWI soldiers Walter and brother Bennie Golden
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A real photo postcard showing two men in uniform with leggings. The one on the left appears have his shirt collar turned down over the coat collar. The one on the right shows both collar discs. The photo was probably taken before they went overseas. The brothers were from Rickman, Overton County and served in Co. B, 119th Inf. Regt., 30th Div. They trained at Camp Sevier and had previously served in Co. C, 2nd Regt., Tenn. National Guard. They were overseas from May 1918 to April 1919.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Photograph postcard of WWI soldiers Walter and brother Bennie Golden. 1917-1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2868. (Accessed August 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917-1918) Photograph postcard of WWI soldiers Walter and brother Bennie Golden. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2868
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2868>.