Rand McNally map of Kentucky & Tennessee (1895)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This small county map of Kentucky and Tennessee comes from one of Rand McNally's many atlases. It shows state lines, county lines, railroads, and cities. Geographic features include rivers, lakes, and mountains.
Rand McNally & Co. was founded in 1868 as a printing firm, primarily for the Chicago Tribune. They printed their first map in 1872 and pioneered the wax engraving method that slashed costs substantially. Their maps and atlases have become ubiquitous at rest stops and in classrooms.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Kentucky; Tennessee
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Rand McNally map of Kentucky & Tennessee (1895). 1895. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9697. (Accessed October 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1895) Rand McNally map of Kentucky & Tennessee (1895). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9697
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9697>.