Embroidered postcard from Marvin Ragsdale to Edline Fly
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1918 July 23
World War I era postcard embroidered in silk with a partially unfurled American flag. Below in gold is "Long May It Wave." On the backside is a handwritten message from Marvin Ragsdale to his grandmother in Brentwood, Tennessee. He hopes she is "fine and dandy and enjoying life," and sends his love. Marvin Earl Ragsdale was a Ship's Cook, Second Class, aboard the USS Minnesota.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Embroidered postcard from Marvin Ragsdale to Edline Fly. 1918 July 23. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/570. (Accessed September 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918 July 23) Embroidered postcard from Marvin Ragsdale to Edline Fly. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/570
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/570>.