Bijou Theatre, Nashville, Tenn., 1908
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A postcard of the Bijou Theatre located at 423 Fourth Avenue North in Nashville, Tennessee. This 1624 seat theatre was erected in 1904 on the site of a previous theatre that had burned two years prior. Events included live stage performances and silent films. In 1916 the Bijou became one of the South's leading theatres for African American audiences. This popularity lasted until it was demolished in the winter of 1957-1958 for the building of the Municipal Auditorium. Forms part of the Nashville Room Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- International Post Card Co. (Publisher)
- Bijou Theatre (Nashville, Tenn.)
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Fourth Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Bijou Theatre, Nashville, Tenn., 1908. 1908. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/754. (Accessed September 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1908) Bijou Theatre, Nashville, Tenn., 1908. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/754
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/754>.