Book of poems dedicated to Lt.-Col. Charles W. Whittlesey
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A book of poems, "The History and Rhymes of the Lost Battn.", by L. G. McCollum is missing its cover. The book is dedcated to Lt.-Col. Charles W. Whitlesey, the commander of the Lost Battalion. Inside the book was a V.F. W. recruiting brochure from the the 1930s. "The Lost Battalion" references nine companies of the 77th Div. who found themselves surrounded when the supporting units on either flank failed to advance. The unit held out for six days before a relief force arrived.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Book of poems dedicated to Lt.-Col. Charles W. Whittlesey. 1923-1939. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2643. (Accessed October 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1923-1939) Book of poems dedicated to Lt.-Col. Charles W. Whittlesey. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2643
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2643>.