Postcard from a German prisoner of war camp
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1918 August 18
Prisoner of War Pvt. Louis Hanson, West Yorkshire Infantry Regiment, addressed this postcard to Mrs. L. Yates in Huddersfield, England. It passed the censor on October 14, 1918. The camp is identified as Friedrichfeld, Wesel, Westphalia [North Rhine- Westphalia]. Louis reports that he is alright, and requests his mother to send some cheap hard biscuits, St. Ivel cheese, a toothbrush, "and for Heaven's sake don't forget eggs," "4 months without a Gold Flake." Gold Flake was a brand of cigarettes.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Wesel (Germany)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Postcard from a German prisoner of war camp. 1918 August 18. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/3104. (Accessed August 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918 August 18) Postcard from a German prisoner of war camp. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/3104
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/3104>.