Letter from Pvt. Virgil Metcalf to his mother
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1918 October 4
Pvt. Metcalf, Co. A, 47th Engineer Battn., consistently corresponds with his mother while in service. He lets her know that all are okay and that he is contemplating making his home in America before many months. Metcalf was from McMinn County, Tennessee. His unit becomes 47th Regt. Transportation Corps. They left France in June 1919 and returned to Camp Dix, NJ.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Letter from Pvt. Virgil Metcalf to his mother. 1918 October 4. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1939. (Accessed October 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918 October 4) Letter from Pvt. Virgil Metcalf to his mother. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1939
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1939>.