Former Gospel Chapel, 2001 November 17
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of the former Gospel Chapel, now known as King Solomon Missionary Baptist Church. Historically located at 1419 Tenth Avenue North in Nashville, Tennessee, this church is currently listed as being at 1417 Tenth Avenue North. A new facade covers two small houses with their gabled roofs still visible. The cornerstone on the added facade indicates that the current church was founded in 1965 by Morgan Babb. However, the original Gospel Chapel was erected on that property in the early part of the 1900s. The foundation is brick. The exterior walls are brick with almond colored aluminum siding. The roof is composed of pressed metal. The windows are rectangular with single panes. The doors are glass with aluminum frames. At the time of this survey, the church building signage read, Babb Memorial Missionary Baptist Church King Solomon. Forms part of the Historic Nashville, Inc. Sacred Sites Survey Project. 1 photograph : col. ; 4 x 6 in.
- Historic Nashville, Inc
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Gospel Chapel (Nashville, Tenn.)
King Solomon Missionary Baptist Church (Nashville, Tenn.)
Baptist church buildings--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Nashville (Tenn.)--Religious life and customs
Tenth Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc. Former Gospel Chapel, 2001 November 17. 2001-11-17. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1036. (Accessed December 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc, (2001-11-17) Former Gospel Chapel, 2001 November 17. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1036
- MLA citation style
- Historic Nashville, Inc. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1036>.