The Hayden and Brown Sanitarium, Nashville, Tenn., circa 1908
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A postcard of the Hayden and Brown Sanitarium in Nashville, Tennessee. A private sanitarium originally established circa 1906 in East Nashville by Drs. Hayden and Brown, for the treatment of alcohol and drug additions and diseases of the nervous system. Circa 1907 the sanitarium moved to 1400 Broadway. The verso of the postcard reads: "E. Forrest Hayden, Ph. G.F.D.; Daniel R. Brown, M.D., the Hayden and Brown Sanitarium … a strictly ETHICAL institution established for the rational, humane and scientific treatment of persons addicted to the excessive use of Alcohol, Narcotic Drugs of every character and also Diseases of the Nervous System. Large and commodious building, thoroughly modern in every respect. Steam heat, hot and cold water, shower and turkish baths. All latest Medical and Electrical appliances. Grounds large, well shaded and inviting. Resident Physicians, Trained nurses. Much experience in treating this class of Diseases. Best of references. For particulars address, 1400 Broadway, Nashville, Tenn." Forms part of the Nashville Room Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- National Advertising Company (Publisher)
- Hayden and Brown Sanitarium (Nashville, Tenn.)
Adulthood--Health and hygiene
Health care facilities--Tennessee--Nashville
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- The Hayden and Brown Sanitarium, Nashville, Tenn., circa 1908. 1908~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2261. (Accessed September 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1908~) The Hayden and Brown Sanitarium, Nashville, Tenn., circa 1908. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2261
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2261>.