Nashville Airport, Eastern Air Lines prop plane, n.d.
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of the Eastern Air Lines “Golden Falcon Prop-Jet Electra” at Nashville’s airport. This prop-jet airliner was built by Lockheed Aircraft Corporation and was powered by four 3750 hp General Motors Allison prop-jet engines, providing a cruising speed of well over 400 miles per hour. Nashville's airport officially opened in 1937 as Berry Field, in honor of Colonel Harry S. Berry, the state administrator of the Works Progress Administrator, or WPA. Berry Field became the military base for the 4th Ferrying Command during World War II and was returned to the city when the war ended. The airport’s name was officially changed to Nashville International Airport in 1988, but the original three-letters BNA, which stands for Berry Field Nashville, remains. Forms part of Record Group 3, Metro Davidson County Photographer. 1 photograph negative : b & w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority--History--Sources
Eastern Air Lines, inc
Electra (Turboprop transports)
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
Nashville and Davidson County (Tenn.)--History--Sources
- Still imageNegatives
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Metro Archives, Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5880.
- Chicago citation style
- Nashville Airport, Eastern Air Lines prop plane, n.d.. uuuu. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/4122. (Accessed November 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (uuuu) Nashville Airport, Eastern Air Lines prop plane, n.d.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/4122
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/4122>.