American Bread Company, circa 1952
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A multi-page pamphlet outlining the American Bread Company's production of Holsum Bread products at the Nashville plant on Murfreesboro Road. Also included are mini headshots and bios for officers and executive personnel associated with the company. A family-run bakery, the first American Bread Company store was opened on Church Street by Charles K. Evers in 1889. The state-of-the-art facility shown in this pamphlet opened in 1951. At 132,000 square feet, it was the largest and most modern bakery in the Nashville area. In 1993 the Evers family sold the business to Lewis Brothers Bakers. The building now houses the Lane Motor Museum. Forms part of the Businesses Ephemera Subject Files. 1 pamphlet : col. ; 5.75 x 9 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- American Bread Company (Nashville, Tenn.)
Family-owned business enterprises--Tennessee--Nashville
Food industry and trade--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Murfreesboro Road (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imageEphemeraPamphlets
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- American Bread Company, circa 1952. 1952~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1064. (Accessed December 12, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1952~) American Bread Company, circa 1952. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1064
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/1064>.