- View Full Item
Painted profile portrait of John Haywood (1762-1826). He has on glasses, a dark coat, and ruffled neckwear.
Known as "the father of Tennessee history." North Carolina state attorney general, 1792-95; associate justice of North Carolina state supreme court, 1794; justice of Tennessee state supreme court, 1816. Founder of Tennesee Antiquarian Society.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Haywood, John, 1762-1826
Attorneys general--United States--States
Supreme Court justices
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- John Haywood. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll25/id/20. (Accessed February 26, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- John Haywood. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll25/id/20
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll25/id/20>.