Map of H. L. W. Hill mountain lands showing sub-divisions and interfere[n]ces
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Map of Hugh Lawson White Hill's land in Grundy, Sequatchie, Van Buren, and Warren counties. In addition to the complicated entries and grants of this 19th century Mountain District landscape, various South Cumberland Plateau natural features such as Savage Gulf are shown. Churches, residences, individual tracts, grants, rivers, creeks, mountains, roads, and railroads are all depicted.
Hugh Lawson White Hill was born in Warren County on March 1, 1810. He graduated from Cumberland College and went on to serve in the Tennessee General Assembly from 1837 to 1843. In 1846, he was elected to the United States House of Representatives, serving only one term. He attended the 1870 state constitutional convention as a delegate from Warren County. Hill died in 1892 and his estate was the subject of multiple lawsuits.
- Greer, H. C, Havron, W. H
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Real property--Tennessee--Maps
Tennessee. General Assembly
- Grundy County (Tenn.) Sequatchie County (Tenn.) Van Buren County (Tenn.) Warren County (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Greer, H. C, Havron, W. H. Map of H. L. W. Hill mountain lands showing sub-divisions and interfere[n]ces. 1892. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9277. (Accessed October 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Greer, H. C, Havron, W. H, (1892) Map of H. L. W. Hill mountain lands showing sub-divisions and interfere[n]ces. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9277
- MLA citation style
- Greer, H. C, Havron, W. H. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9277>.