Blue denim barracks bag
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This blue barracks bag has the original name label which has become detached. The barracks bag has the soldier number, "1237", stenciled in white paint and also in black ink on the oppostie side. The name on the tag is "Lyle R. Pvt./Btry. D/312th F.A." These denim bags were used to hold the soldiers clothing when not in use. The 312th F.A. was part of the 79th Division and saw combat in the Meuse-Argonne Offensive. The division earned the nickname "Cross of Lorraine" for their defense of France.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Blue denim barracks bag. undated. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2427. (Accessed September 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (undated) Blue denim barracks bag. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2427
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2427>.