Model 1917 American steel helmet
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Worn by Pvt. Jesse Norris, possibly of Blount County, Tennessee., this is the standard issue American helmet of World War I. It retains its leather chin strap, however the liner/suspension is missing. American helmets differ from the British helmet in the use of peened rivets to secure the chin strap loops to the helmet body. Norris was born in Sevier Co., TN. At the time of induction in Maryville, Blount Co., TN he was a farmer. He was sent to Camp Gordon, GA and then to Camp Green, SC.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Model 1917 American steel helmet. 1917-1919. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1602. (Accessed October 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917-1919) Model 1917 American steel helmet. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1602
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1602>.