Camp at Maple Springs
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Shows a campsite under large trees. There is a tent with a flag mounted on a pole in front of it. There is a woman in a long dress and hat standing by a smoking campfire. Another woman in a long dress is sitting on a cloth covered box next to a short table which has a picnic basket on it; there are two more baskets on the ground beside it. A third woman, wearing a long dress and hat, is pushing a small girl on a swing. There are three boys in the foreground, all wearing knickers, coats, wide collars with bows, and caps. One of the boy is holding a sledgehammer upright; there is a wooden stake in front of him. Behind the boys there is a carriage with cloth covered top and sides; one side is rolled up. There are two horses tied to trees beyond the carriage. There are two hammocks hanging between trees. There are two chairs covered with bedspreads or coverlets; one is on the ground in front of a tree and the other is on the ground near the front guide rope of the tent.
- Garner, William Orland, 1858-1940
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Blount County Public Library
- Supporting Institution
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Libraries
- Clothing & dress
Carriages & coaches
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Garner, William Orland, 1858-1940. Camp at Maple Springs. 1890. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.lib.utk.edu/collections/islandora/object/garner%3A47. (Accessed November 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Garner, William Orland, 1858-1940, (1890) Camp at Maple Springs. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://digital.lib.utk.edu/collections/islandora/object/garner%3A47
- MLA citation style
- Garner, William Orland, 1858-1940. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://digital.lib.utk.edu/collections/islandora/object/garner%3A47>.