Letter to John V. Wright from Frances O. Smith regarding the RMS Lusitania
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Letter dated May 9, 1915 to John V. Wright from his presumed neighbor and landlord, Frances O. Smith. This letter describes Smith's observations of the war in Europe, relief movements in the United States, and the American public's reaction to the sinking of Lusitania and the impact of the event on the American governent. Smith states that she is "down on war," but doesn't believe her patience will continue if "war provocation" increases.
- Smith, Frances O
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
World War, 1914-1918
World War, 1914-1918--Social aspects--United States
- Elizabeth (N.J.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Smith, Frances O. Letter to John V. Wright from Frances O. Smith regarding the RMS Lusitania. 1915-05-09. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/2593. (Accessed September 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Smith, Frances O, (1915-05-09) Letter to John V. Wright from Frances O. Smith regarding the RMS Lusitania. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/2593
- MLA citation style
- Smith, Frances O. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/2593>.