Postcard of the frozen Cumberland River, 1940 January 26
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Photographic postcard depicting people walking across the frozen Cumberland River at Nashville, Tennessee, January 26, 1940. Several barges and towboats are visible below the Cumberland River Sand Company in East Nashville. Forms part of the Nashville Room Postcard Collection. 1 photographic postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Cumberland River Sand Company (Nashville, Tenn.)
Barges--Cumberland River (Ky. and Tenn.)
Towboats--Cumberland River (Ky. and Tenn.)
River boats--Cumberland River (Ky. and Tenn.)
Nashville (Tenn.)--Social life and customs
- Still imagePhotographsPostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Postcard of the frozen Cumberland River, 1940 January 26. 1940. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/506. (Accessed October 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1940) Postcard of the frozen Cumberland River, 1940 January 26. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/506
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/506>.