Citation for Distinguished Service Cross
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1926 January 19
This citation accompanied the Distinguished Service Cross medal awarded to Pvt. John M. Sullivan, Co. H, 28th Inf. Regt., 1st Div. "for extraordinary heroism at the Meuse River, France." Sullivan served as a runner for HQ Co. and recounted going "over the top" so many times that he lost count. The DSC was awarded to men for extraordinary heroism. Italy's King Victor Emanuel III awarded Sullivan the Croce di Guerra (War Cross) for an act of bravery in No Man's Land.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Washington (D.C.)
- DocumentsMilitary records
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Citation for Distinguished Service Cross. 1926 January 19. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/334. (Accessed October 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1926 January 19) Citation for Distinguished Service Cross. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/334
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/334>.