World War I Victory Medal
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This World War I Victory Medal is missing its suspension ribbon. These medals were issued to all American sodliers who served in World War I. The front depcits "Victory" as a winged female warrior. The reverse has the US National shield beneath a fasces with a double headed axe. To either side is a list of the victorious allied powers. This medal belonged to one of the three Calliham brothers of Fulton, Kentucky. All three served during World War I.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- World War I Victory Medal. undated. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1016. (Accessed October 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (undated) World War I Victory Medal. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1016
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1016>.