German and French currency certificates or coupons
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This group of local coupons were issued by various local governments and the treasury of the French army. They could be redeemed for goods or real money. The notes are denominated 50 pfennig, 25 pfennig, 2 marks and 1 franc. These are associated with Pvt. H.L. Gibson, HQ Detachment, 6th Div. This scrip was issued by the Rhenish county of Cochem and the City of Niederlahnstein on the Rhine River. The Rhineland was part of the American Army's zone of occupation after the war.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- German and French currency certificates or coupons. 1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1639. (Accessed October 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918) German and French currency certificates or coupons. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1639
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1639>.