Photograph of the Carnegie Library Entrance, circa 1930
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of the entrance of the Carnegie Library of Nashville, circa 1930. The pubic library building was constructed with a $100,000 grant from philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, and the cornerstone was laid on April 27, 1903. Officially opened to the public on September 19, 1904, the building was located at 8th Avenue North and Union Street. The Carnegie Library of Nashville was renamed the Nashville Public Library in 1934, being active at this location until 1963, when the new Metropolitan Government began construction on a new main library upon the site. Forms part of the Nashville Room Historic Photographs Collection. 1 photograph : b & w ; 8 x 10 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Public Library of Nashville and Davidson County--History
Social & civic facilities--Tennessee--Nashville
Eighth Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
Union Street (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Photograph of the Carnegie Library Entrance, circa 1930. 1930~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/316. (Accessed December 6, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1930~) Photograph of the Carnegie Library Entrance, circa 1930. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/316
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/316>.