Broadcast Music, Inc., Nashville, circa 1970
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of the Broadcast Music, Inc. building, located at 710 16th Avenue South in Nashville, Tennessee. Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) was officially declared operational on Feb. 15, 1940 in New York City. The company was established by radio executives in 1939 as competition for ASCAP as a performing rights organization. BMI hired Frances Preston as its first Music City representative in 1955 and opened the official Nashville BMI office circa 1958. In 1986, Preston was named BMI's president. The new 140,000-square-foot BMI building was built at 10 Music Square East and opened in October 1995. A portion of the older building, which had its architectural addition built circa 1971 is part of the modern structure. Forms part of the Nashville Room Historic Photographs Collection. 1 photograph : b & w ; 5 x 7 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Broadcast Music, inc
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Sixteenth Avenue (Nashville, Tenn.)
Music Square (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Broadcast Music, Inc., Nashville, circa 1970. 1970~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2272. (Accessed October 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1970~) Broadcast Music, Inc., Nashville, circa 1970. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2272
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2272>.