Jackson County, Alabama
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- approximately 1832
Hand-drawn map of Jackson County, Alabama, with hand-colored county borders. The towns of Bellefonte, Bolivar, Sauty [Sauta] Cave, and Woodville are shown. Geographic features include the Tennessee River, Flint River, various creeks, Cedar Bluff, and hills and mountains shown by hachures. Details such as Thompson's ferry, Gunter's ferry, Gay's ferry, Ambrister's mill, Price's ferry, Bellefonte landing, Davis's, Hargess, Blue Spring Cove, Pricet's, Ditto's, and Gerring's Big Spring are denoted. Cherokee School Land is designated by yellow borders.
This map, along with his other county maps, may have been used by Rhea to make his seminal map of the State of Tennessee with cousin Joseph Campbell Rhea.
- Rhea, Matthew, 1795-1870
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Jackson County (Ala.)--Maps, Manuscript
Flint River (Tenn. and Ala.)
Cities & towns
- Jackson County (Ala.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Rhea, Matthew, 1795-1870. Jackson County, Alabama. approximately 1832. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9448. (Accessed February 17, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- Rhea, Matthew, 1795-1870, (approximately 1832) Jackson County, Alabama. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9448
- MLA citation style
- Rhea, Matthew, 1795-1870. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://teva.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll23/id/9448>.