Court House, Nashville, Burnt in 1856, circa 1859
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A page from a mounted and bound volume of twenty-five pen-and-ink wash drawings, and two pen-and-ink maps of Nashville created by William A. Eichbaum during the 1850s. Eichbaum was a Nashville bookseller and resident for fifty years. The drawing on this page is of the Davidson County Courthouse that stood on the public square from 1830 until 1856. This three story brick structure housed Federal Courts, the State Supreme Court and the Legislature. In April of 1856 the structure was consumed by a fire. Forms part of the William A. Eichbaum Sketchbook. 1 drawing : col. ; 5.75 x 9 in.
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873--Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
Davidson County Court House (Nashville, Tenn.)
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Market Street (Nashville, Tenn.)
Public Square (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imageDrawingsSketchbooks
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873. Court House, Nashville, Burnt in 1856, circa 1859. 1859~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/283. (Accessed October 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873, (1859~) Court House, Nashville, Burnt in 1856, circa 1859. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/283
- MLA citation style
- Eichbaum, William A., 1787-1873. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/283>.