Medal and neck ribbon for Gold Star Pilgrimage
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A circular bronze medal with the obverse design featuring a passenger ship flanked by the Statue of Liberty on the left and the Eiffel Tower on the right, a large five pointed star overhead and "1933." below. The reverse bears "GOLD STAR/PILGRIMAGE/ TO THE/BATTLEFIELDS/OF/THE WORLD WAR." The medal is attached to a blue, white and red silk neck ribbon and belonged to Sarah Frances Ring of Franklin, Tenn. Her son, Pvt. Frank M. Ring, Co. A, 114th MG Battn., 30th Div., was killed in action in Oct. 1918.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Medal and neck ribbon for Gold Star Pilgrimage. 1933. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2819. (Accessed September 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1933) Medal and neck ribbon for Gold Star Pilgrimage. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2819
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2819>.