Business Branch of the Carnegie Library of Nashville, between 1931 and 1937
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- between 1931 and 1937
An interior view of the Business Branch of the Carnegie Library, Nashville, Tennessee. This business library was created to serve the industrial and business interests of Nashville and was generously supported through a gift of H. G. Hill, a prominent businessman. The library branch officially opened on March 20, 1931 and was established in the Nashville Chamber of Commerce Building, located at 315 Fourth Avenue, North. The Business Branch was later moved to the Main Library building in 1937, it having outgrown its space in its original location. Forms part of the Nashville Room Historic Photographs Collection. 1 photograph : b & w ; 7.5 x 10 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- Public Library of Nashville and Davidson County--History
Chamber of Commerce (Nashville, Tenn.)
Central business districts--Tennessee--Nashville
- Still imagePhotographs
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Business Branch of the Carnegie Library of Nashville, between 1931 and 1937. between 1931 and 1937. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2251. (Accessed October 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (between 1931 and 1937) Business Branch of the Carnegie Library of Nashville, between 1931 and 1937. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2251
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/2251>.