- View Full Item
- Created Date
- late 19th century
This late 19th century embossed tan leather wallet was re-purposed by Sgt. Carl Cecil Braden, HQ Troop, 82nd Div., World War 1914-1918, to carry letters and newspaper clippings during his service in the World War, 1914-1918. See also GWNash048. Braden was from Lewisburg, Marshall County, Tennessee and worked in real estate and as timber buyer before beind inducted into the army on October 9, 1917. He survived the war and died in 1947. He is buried in Lone Oak Cemetery.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Leather wallet. late 19th century. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/423. (Accessed October 23, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (late 19th century) Leather wallet. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/423
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/423>.