Letter from Maj. Joseph J. Ring to his mother
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1917 September 17
The Ring family of Williamson County, TN provided three brothers to the American Army. Maj. Joseph J. Ring, Co. B, 308th Eng. Regt., wrote this letter to his mother and suggests many items that his younger brother Frank should carry with him to the army. He mentions that prices for uniforms in Chillicote are very expensive. He also discusses the conscripted soldiers and complains that one man in his unit has had "almost everything you can think of. Everyday he shows up with a new disease."
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Camp Sherman (Ohio)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Letter from Maj. Joseph J. Ring to his mother. 1917 September 17. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2853. (Accessed September 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917 September 17) Letter from Maj. Joseph J. Ring to his mother. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2853
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/2853>.