US M1917 Helmet
- View Full Item
- Created Date
US M1917 helmet of Pvt. Euliss Grant Hallowell of Buena Vista, Carroll County, Tenn. The helmet is very similar to the British "Brodies" helmet and was the standard for American soldiers. Hallowell (Hollowell) served in HQ Co., 63rd Art. Brig., Coastal Corps. The Coastal Artillery manned coastal defenses. Hallowell served at Ft. Pickens and Ft. Barrancas until being sent to France in September 1918. He farmed and ran a sorghum mill in Carroll County after the war.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- US M1917 Helmet. 1917-1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/787. (Accessed October 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1917-1918) US M1917 Helmet. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/787
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/787>.