Aerial view of Old Hickory community
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Large aerial photograph shows original housing in the Old Hickory community. A major road, now Old Hickory Boulevard, can be seen running top to bottom. Nashville Banner photograph by Bill Goodman. The DuPont Old Hickory Gunpowder Plant produced smokeless powder during World War I. They ceased production in 1919, but DuPont returned in 1928 and began producing Reemay, Rayon, and Cellophane.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Old Hickory (Tenn.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Aerial view of Old Hickory community. 1930s. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/3403. (Accessed October 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1930s) Aerial view of Old Hickory community. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/3403
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/3403>.