Clip of .30-06 ammunition
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This clip of .30-06 caliber ammunition belonged to Cpl. Roy R. Stephens, Co. H, 5th Inf. Regt. Cpl. Stephens, was part of the American Army of Occupation of the Rhineland immediately after the armistice. The standard ammunition for the 1903 Springfield and the P1917 Enfield used by American troops in World War I was in caliber .30-06. Both rifles were designed to accept a five round clip at the top of the open magazine. The soldier pushed the rounds in with his thumb and tossed the clip away.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States
- Weapons and ammunition
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Clip of .30-06 ammunition. 1903-1940. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/611. (Accessed October 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1903-1940) Clip of .30-06 ammunition. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/611
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/611>.