Ward-Belmont College, Nashville, Tenn., circa 1915
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A postcard of Ward-Belmont College. In 1913, Belmont College, (1890) and Ward Seminary, (1865), were consolidated, forming the Ward-Belmont College, a prestigious women's finishing school. The school was located on the grounds of former Acklen estate and mansion, with a quadrangle of academic and residential buildings being erected over time on the front lawn. At the time of this printing (circa 1915), Ward-Belmont had an enrollment of 500 boarding students from over thirty states. It was one of the largest schools for young women in the South. In 1951 Ward-Belmont was purchased by the Tennessee Baptist Convention and renamed Belmont College. Forms part of the Nashville Room Postcard Collection. 1 postcard : col. ; 3.5 x 5.5 in.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Nashville Public Library
- S.H. Kress & Co. (Publisher)
- Ward-Belmont College (Nashville, Tenn.)
Colleges and Universities
Universities and colleges
Universities & Colleges--Tennessee--Nashville
Nashville (Tenn.)--Intellectual life
Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc
Belmont Circle (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Still imagePostcards
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital content, which is provided for educational purposes only and may not be downloaded, reproduced, or distributed for any other purpose without written permission. Please contact the Special Collections Division of the Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219. Telephone (615) 862-5782.
- Chicago citation style
- Ward-Belmont College, Nashville, Tenn., circa 1915. 1915~. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/810. (Accessed September 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1915~) Ward-Belmont College, Nashville, Tenn., circa 1915. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/810
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://nashville.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/nr/id/810>.