Overseas chevron that belonged to Hubert Lee Gibson
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This machine embroidered chevron on a drab woolen backing would have been sewn on the lower left sleeve of the uniform coat to indicate six months service overseas. It belonged to Pvt. Hubert Lee Gibson, HQ Detachment, 6th Div. Gibson seems to list his homes as both Knoxville, Knox County and Newport, Cocke County, Tennessee. Although he was born in Tennessee he listed his residence and place of employment as Cleveland, Ohio on his draft card.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- United States
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- Overseas chevron that belonged to Hubert Lee Gibson. 1918-1919. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1555. (Accessed October 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1918-1919) Overseas chevron that belonged to Hubert Lee Gibson. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1555
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll29/id/1555>.